The objectives of this course are to enable the participants to identify the cause of a motor spindle malfunction and to take the necessary steps for repair. After a discussion of the mechanical and electrical design of the motor spindle, the participants learn about its operation and the required maintenance tasks. In addition, the participants perform the replacement of a motor spindle at a training machine. This includes the execution of required measurements and the backup of relevant data.
After the successful completion of this course, the participant is able to improve the availability of the SW machine by:
- Localizing motor spindle failures,
- Eliminating basic motor spindle failures,
- Replace a motor spindle in a technically correct manner*.
*If a motor spindle needs to be replaced by a participant of this course for the first time, months after the completion of this course, we recommend calling for an SW service technician. The SW service technician will supervise the procedure and coach the course participant in order to ensure a safe and successful execution.
Maintenance and repair technicians
• Qualification as an industrial mechanic, industrial electronics technician, mechatronic technician, or a related qualification
• Basic knowledge of CNC machine tools
- General safety and accident prevention information
- Design and operation of motor spindles in SW machines
- Motor spindle assembly
- Repair, replacement and restart of a motor spindle
- Geometry measurement and adjustments
- Motor spindle diagnosis
- Spare parts and special tools
- Data backup and recovery
27 - 29.05.2019
17 - 19.06.2019