In September 2019, we will start our Apprenticeship Program at the Michigan Headquarters. Currently we are searching for 4 motivated students who are interested in Mechatronics. The Apprenticeship Program is based on the German Model and is supported by the MAT2 Program. For students who haven’t yet decided, we are offering facility tours and internships in advance.
At SW, everyone takes responsibility and pride in our successful programs. Those who start a career at SW North America tend to stay with our team long-term because we offer more than just a job. ‘Technology People’ are bound by a shared sense of being among the best and working together on a common endeavor.
Reach out to us today and take the first step into a career with a lot of opportunities!
What you should know:
It requires 3 years training to become a Mechatronics Technician. You will study at Henry Ford College and have hands-on training on our shop floor in New Hudson, Michigan. After the 3 year program, we ask that you stay with us for a minimum of 2 years. Your will improve your knowledge from the first year of training via training assignments in various specialist departments. Future possibilities include traveling to our global SW Headquarters in Germany and working with other apprentice students.
What we offer:
- Qualified training with attractive compensation
- Education stipend for school period
- Support from technical experts during the training period
- Opportunity for growth
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Great chances for long term employment
- 3 years of school + full time employment/work
- 2 years additional with employer
- Understanding of technical contexts
- Commitment and creativity
- Diligence, sense of responsibility and team spirit